120 positive quotes by Paulo Coelho
I’m thrilled to dive into the world of wisdom and inspiration with you today by sharing with you my favorite Paulo Coelho quotes.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably found solace, guidance, and a touch of magic in the words of Paulo Coelho. His quotes have a way of reaching deep into our hearts and sparking that inner flame of personal growth.
You see, Paulo Coelho isn’t just a writer; he’s a soul whisperer. His words have the power to stir something profound within us, igniting our passions, dreams, and desires.
And that’s exactly why I’m excited to share this collection of his quotes with you today.
In this blog post, we’re going to explore some of Paulo Coelho’s most powerful and thought-provoking quotes.
We’ll dive into the wisdom behind his words, how they’ve impacted my personal journey, and how they can light up your path towards personal growth too.
This post may contain affiliate links. That is, if you click on a link and buy something I recommend, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
Paulo Coelho quotes on life
- “How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it.”
- “When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.”
- “When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.”
- “Why is patience so important?” “Because it makes us pay attention.”
- “Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows.”
- “A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.”
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
- “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
- “But how will I know who my soulmate is?” Brida felt that this was one of the most important questions she had ever asked in her life.
- “If I am really a part of your dream, you’ll come back one day.”
You might also like: Cute happy monthsary messages for your boyfriend
- “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.”
- “Your eyes show the strength of your soul.”
- “In real life, love has to be possible. Even if it is not returned right away, love can only survive when the hope exists that you will be able to win over the person you desire.”
- “Really important meetings are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.
- “I am two women; one wants to have all the joy, passion, and adventure that life can give me. The other wants to be a slave to routine, to family life, to the things that can be planned and achieved. I’m a housewife and a prostitute, both of us living in the same body and doing battle with each other.”
- “Don’t be intimidated by other people’s opinions. Only mediocrity is sure of itself, so take risks and do what you really want to do.”
- “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- “My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing the beauty of life once more. It’s happened before; it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive. I’ll find love again.”
- “Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.”
- “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.”
- “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”
- “If you love someone, you must be prepared to set them free.”
- “You are what you believe yourself to be.”
- “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.”
- “Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life.”
- “When we meet someone and fall in love, we have a sense that the whole universe is on our side. And yet, if something goes wrong, there is nothing left! How is it possible for the beauty that was there only minutes before to vanish so quickly? Life moves very fast. It rushes from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds.”
- “And, when you can’t go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward.”
- “Maktub” (it is written.)”
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”
- “To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only obligation.”
- “I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
- “People want to change everything and, at the same time, want it all to remain the same.”
- “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.”
- “There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.”
- “Haters are confused admirers who can’t understand why everybody else likes you.”
- “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
- “Don’t allow your mind to tell your heart what to do. The mind gives up easily.”
- “Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.”
- “The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility.”
- I think you can have 10,000 explanations for failure, but no good explanation for success.
Paulo Coelho quotes to make you think
- “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.”
- “It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary.”
- “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.”
- “The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.”
- “Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”
- “Be crazy! But learn how to be crazy without being the center of attention. Be brave enough to live different.”
- “Sometimes, we are so attached to our way of life that we turn down wonderful opportunities simply because we don’t know what to do with it.”
- “What’s the world’s greatest lie? It’s this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate.”
- “But something always went wrong, and the relationship would end precisely at the moment when she was sure that this was the person with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life. After a long time, she came to the conclusion that men brought only pain, frustration, suffering, and a sense of time dragging.”
- “Behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.”
You might also like: These motivational Osho quotes changed my life this year
- The moment we begin to seek love, love begins to seek us. And to save us.”
- “Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time.”
- “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”
- “He knew one of the women well and had shared his universe with her. They had seen the same mountains and the same trees, although each of them had seen them differently. She knew his weaknesses, his moments of hatred, of despair. Yet she was there at his side. They shared the same universe.”
- “Don’t waste your time with explanations; people only hear what they want to hear.”
- “We can also allow our soulmate to pass us by without accepting him or her or even noticing. Then we will need another incarnation in order to find that soulmate. And because of our selfishness, we will be condemned to the worst torture humankind ever invented for itself: loneliness.”
- “We can never judge the lives of others because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation.”
- “We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.”
- “You are someone who is different but who wants to be the same as everyone else. And that, in my view, is a serious illness. God chose you to be different. Why are you disappointing God with this kind of attitude?”
- “Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you will find your treasure.”
- “Love simply is.”
- “Forgive, but do not forget, or you will be hurt again. Forgiving changes perspectives. Forgetting loses the lesson.”
- “All you have to do is pay attention; lessons always arrive when you are ready, and if you can read the signs, you will learn everything you need to know in order to take the next step.”
- “Don’t bother trying to explain your emotions. Live everything as intensely as you can, and keep whatever you felt as a gift from God. The best way to destroy the bridge between the visible and invisible is by trying to explain your emotions.”
- “Profound desire, true desire, is the desire to be close to someone.”
- “No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.”
- “None of us knows what might happen even in the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have faith.”
- “Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.”
- “Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate, and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.”
- “Why do we have to listen to our hearts?” the boy asked.
You might also like: Cute love quotes for your girlfriend to make her smile
- “Certain things in life simply have to be experienced and never explained. Love is such a thing.”
- “I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.”
- “If you start by promising what you don’t even have yet, you’ll lose your desire to work towards getting it.”
- “If I must fall, may it be from a high place.”
- “Haven’t you learned anything, not even with the approach of death? Stop thinking all the time that you’re in the way, that you’re bothering the person next to you. If people don’t like it, they can complain. And if they don’t have the courage to complain, that’s their problem.”
- “Human beings can withstand a week without water, two weeks without food, many years of homelessness, but not loneliness. It is the worst of all tortures, the worst of all sufferings.”
- “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.”
- ― Paulo Coelho, The Devil, and Miss Prym
- “No one loses anyone because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it.”
- “Maktub,” she said. “If I am really part of your dream, you’ll come back one day.”
Motivational Paulo Coelho quotes
- “If someone isn’t what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
- “There are moments when troubles enter our lives, and we can do nothing to avoid them.
- “This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.”
- “Don’t think about what you’ve left behind.” The alchemist said to the boy as they began to ride across the sands of the desert. “If what one finds is made of pure matter, it will never spoil. And one can always come back. If what you had found was only a moment of light, like the explosion of a star, you would find nothing on your return.”
- “If one day I could get out of here, I would allow myself to be crazy. Everyone is indeed crazy, but the craziest are the ones who don’t know they’re crazy; they just keep repeating what others tell them to.”
- “Tears are words that need to be written.”
- “Ester asked why people are sad.
- “People never learn anything by being told; they have to find out for themselves.”
- “Love is not to be found in someone else but in ourselves; we simply awaken it. But in order to do that, we need the other person. The universe only makes sense when we have someone to share our feelings with.”
- “We can never judge the lives of others because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.”
- “If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him.”
- “Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time.”
- But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.”
- “When you’re in love, you’re capable of learning everything and knowing things you had never dared even to think because love is the key to understanding all the the mysteries.”
- “All my life, I thought of love as some kind of voluntary enslavement. Well, that’s a lie: freedom only exists when love is present. The person who gives him or herself wholly, the person who feels freest, is the person who loves most wholeheartedly.”
- By taking risks,’ she said to Brida. ‘ By risking failure, disappointment, disillusion, but never ceasing in your search for love. As long as you keep looking, you will triumph in the end.”
- “Don’t listen to the malicious comments of those friends who, never taking any risks themselves, can only see other people’s failures.”
- “And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.”
- “Love is not a habit, a commitment, or a debt. It isn’t what romantic songs tell us it is—love simply is.”
- “At every moment of our lives, we all have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss.”
- “We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it’s our life or our possessions and property. But this fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories and the history of the world were written by the same hand.”
- “Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them.”
- “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.”
- “Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.”
- “What is a teacher? I’ll tell you: It isn’t someone who teaches something, but someone who inspires the student to give her best in order to discover what she already knows.”
- “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
- “She didn’t quite know what the relationship was between lunatics and the moon, but it must be a strong one if they used a word like that to describe the insane.”
- “It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters—it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.”
- “A fall from the third floor hurts as much as a fall from the hundredth. If I have to fall, may it be from a high place.”
- “Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.”
You might also like: Inspirational good morning quotes to kickstart your day this week
- “When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.”
- “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
- “We pretend to be strong because we are weak.”
- “I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.
- “When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.”
- “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say.”
- “You have two choices: to control your mind or to let your mind control you.”
- “Love like rain can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy. But sometimes, under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending to its roots keeping itself alive.”
- “Stay mad, but behave like normal people. Run the risk of being different, but learn to do so without attracting attention.”
- “If you are never alone, you cannot know yourself.”
FAQ: Who is Paulo Coelho, and why should I read these Paulo Coelho quotes?
Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian author known for his inspirational and thought-provoking books. He’s like a storyteller who weaves words into powerful stories that touch our hearts and minds.
You should read his quotes because they offer nuggets of wisdom and motivation. They’re like little sparks that can ignite your own personal growth journey.
Paulo Coelho’s words can inspire you to chase your dreams, find your purpose, and face life’s challenges with courage.
Imagine having a wise friend who shares their experiences and insights to help you become a better version of yourself.
That’s what reading Paulo Coelho’s quotes is like—it’s like getting advice and encouragement from a friend who believes in your potential.
So, if you’re seeking inspiration, guidance, or just a little boost of positivity, these quotes can be your go-to source. They remind us that we all have the power to create our own extraordinary stories in life.
Did you like any of these Paulo Coelho quotes?
I consider myself an expert when it comes to positive affirmations, journaling, and inspirational quotes. My blog is all about spreading good vibes and helping you feel awesome! I’ve got loads of cool stuff for you to explore, like uplifting affirmations that can boost your confidence, fun journal prompts to spark your creativity, and inspiring quotes to motivate you every day. Let’s embark on this amazing journey together as we discover more about ourselves, uncover our hidden strengths, and create a life that’s full of happiness and success.